(Recorded October 11, 2014) This Week: (1) Bill Maher and islamophobia; (2) We look at senate races in Arkansas, Louisiana, and Alaska; and (3) Boris gets on his soapbox about fearmongering in the media.
This Week’s Links:
Given this week’s show, we thought you might find these interesting.
- Bill Maher’s Dangerous Critique of Islam
- Bill Maher Isn’t the Only One Who Misunderstands Religion
- The Trouble With Islam
- Can Liberalism be Saved From Itself?
- Ben Affleck and Bill Maher are both wrong about Islamic fundamentalism
Race for the Senate (AR, LA & AK)
— Bill Clark (@clarkshadows) September 21, 2014
- Are three big senate races slipping from the Democrats?
- Evidence Suggests Democrats are Running the Better Campaigns.
- Mark Pryor Raises Money for the Opponents of Teachers Unions: Why are the Unions Backing Him?
- Tom Cotton Fear-mongering
- Mark Pryor on President Obama
- Bill Clinton Plays Savior in Arkansas
- Mary Landrieu Just Replaced Her Campaign Manager
- Will it Take a Keg Stand for Mary Landrieu to get Reelected?
- Begich takes heat for Willie Horton-style ad
- Begich Builds an Advantage
- No, ISIS is Not a Threat to the US
- Where is the Proof that ISIS is on the US Border?
- Only about 12 Americans fighting with ISIS/other groups in Syria
- PBS Correspondent Embarrassed by Fox’s Coverage of Ebola
- These Politicians Want to Close US-Mexico Border Because of Ebola
Image Credits: Bill Maher, Ben Affleck, Sam Harris; State Seals: Arkansas, Louisiana & Alaska; Carnival of Souls, screen capture (fearful eyes); Ebola EM; Flag of the self-described Islamic State; Tweet from Bill Clark.