(Recorded July 19, 2014) This week we discuss: (1) Israel’s decision to send ground troops into the Gaza Strip; (2) the downing of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 and the implications for Russia’s involvement in Ukraine; and (3) we revisit Mississippi and kick off our 2016 election coverage in earnest.
This Week’s Links:
Given this week’s show, we thought you might find these interesting.
- Understanding the Permanence of Greater Israel
- Israel and Partisanship
- Hawks Call for Cuts in Israel’s Military Aid
- A Pox on All their Houses
- Why did NBC pull Ayman Mohyeldin out of Gaza?
- Why the Downing of Flight 17 is bad for Putin
- Echoes of Lockerbie
- Russia and Ukraine have a Wikipedia Spat
- Remembering the AIDS Researchers Aboard
- Paul to Perry: You’re Wrong
- The Candidate Young Non-republicans Fear the Least
- Rick Perry’s inexplicable Beltway Resurgence
- The Overrating of Rand Paul