(Recorded November 19, 2020) This Week: (1) COVID; (2) a bumbling coup; and (3) the lame duck Congress.
This Week’s Links:
Given this week’s show, we thought you might find these interesting.
- See How Coronavirus Restrictions Compare to Case Counts in Every State – The New York Times
- The President Has Abdicated – The Atlantic
- Biden holds emotional virtual meeting with health care workers, Trump has no public events
A Bumbling Coup
- No path for Trump to remain in office: Gore recount lawyer David Boies
- ‘Traitors to the president’: Conservatives fear public preparation for Biden term – POLITICO
- Biden mounts lobbying blitz to crack GOP resistance to his transition – POLITICO
- Current and former Trump officials quietly reach out to Biden team – CNNPolitics
- Trump’s effort to overturn the election results may be inept. But it’s still a scandal.
- Witness corroborates claim that Lindsey Graham asked about tossing ballots in Georgia
- Republicans start to relent: ‘It looks like it will be President Biden’ – POLITICO
- Bloomberg – Are you a robot?
- Wayne Co. canvassers certify election results after initial deadlock
- Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer kidnapping plot: Disturbing new details revealed in court documents – ABC7 Chicago
- Joe Biden won, Michigan elector coup ‘not going to happen,’ GOP leader says | Bridge Michigan
- Rudy Giuliani and Trump’s last-stand push to overturn Pa.’s election results get a frosty reception in court
- Giuliani Is Said to Seek $20,000 a Day Payment for Trump Legal Work – The New York Times
- Another shake-up on Trump campaign legal team – POLITICO
Lame Duck Congress
- Republicans seek to stymie Biden with final Trump nominees – POLITICO
- Democrats nominate Nancy Pelosi for another term as speaker, as she suggests it could be her last. – The New York Times
- Pelosi suggests she’ll serve her last term as speaker – POLITICO
Image Credits: Donald Trump