(Recorded May 31, 2014) This Week: We look back at the crisis in Ukraine and ask, “who won?” FYI, this episode runs a little long because, in addition to new material, we’ve tacked our previous Ukraine coverage on to the end of the show. We hope you enjoy the trip down memory lane, including bits from our Feb. 22, Mar. 9, Mar. 23, and Apr. 19 shows.
This Week’s Links:
Given this week’s show, we thought you might find these interesting.
- A Resounding Rejection of Russia
- Putin Stirred Up Donetsk, Now He’s Leaving Its People High and Dry
- Poroshenko Takes Ukraine Helm With Tough Words for Russia
- And the Winner in Ukraine Is . . . China
Ukraine (Week of Feb. 22, 2014)
- 9 questions about Ukraine you were too embarrassed to ask
- Yulia Tymoshenko’s wikipedia page.
- Protesting predictions
The Empire Strikes Back (Week of Mar. 9, 2014)
Referendums, Sanctions and Soldiers: An Update on the Situation in Ukraine (Week of Mar. 23, 2014)
- Ukraine Plans to Withdraw Troops from Russian-Occupied Crimea
- Pro-Russian and Pro-Kiev Camps Dig in Amidst Uneasy Calm in Eastern Ukraine
- These Sanctions against Russia Will Hurt and It’s the Russian Liberals Who will Suffer
- America is Too Broke to Rescue Ukraine
Easter Truce (Week of Apr. 19, 2014)
- Special Reporting on the Ukraine Crisis by the BBC
- Thursday’s Deal
- Why Kiev isn’t Shooting Back
- A Recap of Reporting
- Putin Asserts Right to Use Force
- Is Odessa Next?
- Vladimir Putin, Narcissist?
- U.S. State Department on Russian Lies