(Recorded July 9, 2020) This Week: (1) election 2020; (2) COVID; and (3) the news roundup.
This Week’s Links:
Given this week’s show, we thought you might find these interesting.
- Trump Adds to Playbook of Stoking White Fear and Resentment – The New York Times
- In Risky Bid, Trump Stokes Racial Rancor to Motivate Voters – The New York Times
- Trump Says He Will Create a Statuary Park Honoring ‘American Heroes’ – The New York Times
- America’s economy is trying to recover. Trump’s latest moves won’t help – CNN
- Donald Trump’s Lost Cause – The Atlantic
- Donald Trump fakes history in order to divide us
- Karl Rove scolds Trump for recent tweets: ‘I don’t see that those advance his cause at all’ – POLITICO
- Tucker Carlson 2024? The GOP is buzzing – POLITICO
- Can Trump’s anti-mail-voting crusade hurt him in key states?
- Trump’s Anti-Mail-in Ballot Position Backfiring?
- Months Into Virus Crisis, U.S. Cities Still Lack Testing Capacity – The New York Times
- As Coronavirus Cases Top 3 Million, Fauci Warns Against Misreading a Falling Death Rate – The New York Times
- U.S. reports record single-day spike of 60,000 new coronavirus cases
- Why Arizona’s Covid-19 epidemic became the worst in the US – Vox
- Coronavirus strains Florida health system as some hospitals run out of ICU beds in largest counties
- Trump Leans on Schools to Reopen as Virus Continues Its Spread – The New York Times
- N.Y.C. Public Schools Will Not Fully Reopen in September – The New York Times
- Harvard, MIT Seek Temporary Halt to Trump Administration Rule on International Students – The New York Times
- Covid-19: Safe school reopening needs leadership and money – Vox
- Trump disavows his own administration’s guidance for reopening schools – POLITICO
- DeVos blasts school districts that hesitate at reopening – POLITICO
- President Bolsonaro of Brazil Tests Positive for Coronavirus – The New York Times
- Bolsonaro dismissed the coronavirus. His positive test highlights Brazil’s deadly outbreak.
- Bloomberg – Are you a robot?
- McConnell opens door to more coronavirus stimulus checks for low-income Americans
- States in fiscal crisis, cuts to basic services loom due to pandemic
- State and County Budget Shortfalls to Reach Almost $650 Billion | Psychiatry & Behavioral Health Learning Network
- Louisiana Abortion Law Struck Down by Supreme Court – The New York Times
- Opinion | How Chief Justice Roberts Solved His Abortion Dilemma – The New York Times
- Supreme Court: Why Chief Justice Roberts struck an anti-abortion law – Vox
- Supreme Court Gives Religious Schools More Access to State Aid – The New York Times
- Private and Religious School Backers See Broad Victory in Supreme Court Decision – The New York Times
- Supreme Court hands victory to school voucher lobby – will religious minorities, nonbelievers and state autonomy lose out?
- Supreme Court Rules States May Curb ‘Faithless Electors’ in Electoral College – The New York Times
- The Supreme Court decides not to make the Electoral College even worse in “faithless electors” case – Vox
- Supreme Court Upholds Trump Administration Regulation Letting Employers Opt Out of Birth Control Coverage – The New York Times
- Facebook Fails to Appease Organizers of Ad Boycott – The New York Times
- Civil rights leaders are still fed up with Facebook over hate speech – Vox
- Opinion | Facebook Flunks New Audit on Civil Rights and Hate Speech – The New York Times
- Why this Facebook advertising boycott is different | The Drum
- Judd Gregg: The coming Biden coup | TheHill
- Judd Gregg Creates Joe Biden Socialist Coup Conspiracy in ‘The Hill’
- Biden slams Trump for questioning potential running mate Tammy Duckworth’s patriotism | Daily Mail Online
- Tammy Duckworth Confronts Nativist Smears From Tucker Carlson – The New York Times
- Michael Flynn posts video featuring QAnon slogans – CNNPolitics
- GOP Candidates Open To QAnon Conspiracy Theory Advance In Congressional Races : NPR
- As Flynn goes over the edge, would Trump welcome him back?
- Kanye West Says He’s Running for President, But He Hasn’t Actually Filed Any Paperwork | Pitchfork
- Kanye West says he no longer supports Trump and that he had coronavirus – CNN
- Jon Huntsman concedes Utah’s GOP gubernatorial primary race – CNNPolitics
- What went wrong with Jon Huntsman Jr.’s third run for Utah governor? – Deseret News