(Recorded March 5, 2020) This Week: (1) Coronapocalypse; (2) Election Update; and (3) News Round-up.
This Week’s Links:
Given this week’s show, we thought you might find these interesting.
- Trump Pitches $850 Billion Stimulus Package Over Coronavirus – The New York Times
- Federal Reserve Unveils Emergency Lending Program During Coronavirus Pandemic – The New York Times
- Coronavirus Is Going To Be Expensive. Too Bad the Government Is Already in Massive Debt. – Reason.com
- Does Congress Have It Right on the Coronavirus Bailout?
- Who Should Get a Coronavirus Bailout and How?
- Republicans suddenly find a bailout they can back – POLITICO
- Republicans Adopt Andrew Yang’s Cause. He Isn’t Celebrating. – POLITICO
- Congress’s coronavirus response: A potential $1 trillion stimulus package – Vox
- Stock market: Dow Jones falls to 2017 level before Trump took office – Vox
- Trump Now Claims He Always Knew the Coronavirus Would Be a Pandemic – The New York Times
- The buck never, ever stops with Trump
- Fact check: Trump tries to erase the memory of him downplaying the coronavirus – CNNPolitics
- Trump COVID-19 Lie: ‘A Month Ago, Nobody Thought About’ It
- “There’s No Boogeyman He Can Attack”: Angry at Kushner, Trump Awakens to the COVID-19 Danger | Vanity Fair
- Trump Defends Using ‘Chinese Virus’ Label, Ignoring Growing Criticism – The New York Times
- Conservatives Obsessed With Revenge on China for Coronavirus
- The ‘Chinese Virus’ Gullibility Test – The Atlantic
- Trump calling the Covid-19 coronavirus the “Chinese virus” is dangerous – Vox
- U.S. Offered ‘Large Sum’ to German Company for Access to Coronavirus Vaccine Research, German Officials Say – The New York Times
- ‘Depraved’: Trump Reportedly Offered German Firm ‘Large Sum’ for Exclusive Rights to Coronavirus Vaccine | Common Dreams News
- Joe Biden Wins Primaries in Florida, Illinois and Arizona: Highlights – The New York Times
- Bernie Sanders Has No Realistic Chance to Win. Some Democrats Say, ‘It’s Over.’ – The New York Times
- The Left Is Still Leery of Biden. Here’s How He’s Reaching Out to Them. – The New York Times
- Opinion | Winners and Losers of the Democratic Debate – The New York Times
- Trump licks his chops as Biden veers left on sanctuary cities, fracking – POLITICO
- Democratic debate: Joe Biden pledges to pick a woman as vice president
- Opinion | Biden’s Top 12 Running Mates, Ranked – POLITICO
- Coronavirus: We are not ready to hold an election during a pandemic – Vox
- Marie Newman beats Dan Lipinski, one of last anti-abortion Democrats, in Illinois’s 3rd District – Vox
- Longtime anti-abortion rights Democratic Rep. Lipinski defeated in Chicago-area primary
- Former Rep. Duncan Hunter sentenced to 11 months in prison for misusing campaign funds – CNNPolitics
- Column: Duncan Hunter is finally off to prison. Good. Now who will take his place?
- Nothing Lasts Forever, Not Even Tom Brady’s Career With the Patriots – The Ringer
- Tom Brady leaving the Patriots – Why Brady vs. Belichick will be the last great battle of the dynasty
- Why did Tom Brady walk away from Patriots, Bill Belichick after 20 years? | NBC Sports Boston
- Who is to blame for Tom Brady saga? Start with Robert Kraft | WEEI
Image Credits: Richard Burr