(Recorded April 21, 2018) This Week: (1) the news round-up; (2) Comey; (3) Cohen; and (4) Haley.
This Week’s Links:
Given this week’s show, we thought you might find these interesting.
- Roger Stone steps up attacks on Barbara Bush: ‘She is descending into hell right now’
- Trump on Bushes being married for 73 years: ‘I’ll never beat that record’ | TheHill
- Texas (TX) Poll – April 18, 2018 – Cruz, O’Rourke Too Close To Ca | Quinnipiac University Connecticut
- Ted Cruz Praises Donald Trump, Who Bullied His Family
- Donald Trump by Ted Cruz
- Hawley says Greitens probe indicates potential felony | The Kansas City Star
- Eric Greitens on Twitter: “I will not be resigning the Governor’s office. In three weeks, this matter will go to a court of law—where it belongs and where the facts will prove my innocence. Until then, I will do what the people of Missouri sent me here to do: to serve them and work hard on their behalf.”
- Top Missouri GOP lawmakers tell Greitens to resign | Law and order | stltoday.com
- Memphis raises $50K+ after state pulls funding — now what?
- Confederate statues fallout: House removes $250,000 for Memphis from budget
- Raúl Castro Prepares to Resign as Cuba’s President, Closing a Dynasty – The New York Times
- Fidel Died and Raúl Resigned, but Castros Still Hold Sway in Cuba – The New York Times
- Democratic Party sues Russia, Trump campaign and WikiLeaks alleging 2016 campaign conspiracy – The Washington Post
- James Comey’s memos on his meetings with Trump
- Why were Republicans so desperate to release the embarrassing Comey Memos? Here’s one explanation.
- Russia says Trump invited Putin to U.S. during phone call
- Comey: ‘The Republican Party has left me and many others’ – ABC News
- Donald J. Trump on Twitter: “Slippery James Comey, the worst FBI Director in history, was not fired because of the phony Russia investigation where, by the way, there was NO COLLUSION (except by the Dems)!”
- Inspector general referred findings on McCabe to U.S. attorney for consideration of criminal charges – The Washington Post
- Aaron Rupar on Twitter: “Goldberg says he’s thinks Cohen will talk to prosecutors because he’s worried about getting raped in prison. “He’s not suited to stand up to the rigors of jail life… Michael doesn’t see himself walking down Broadway while people are clamoring, ‘you’re going to be my wife.'”… https://t.co/dcLdlKAbm4”
- Stormy Daniels’ attorney predicts Cohen to be charged
- Trump allies worry Cohen will flip – POLITICO
- Cohen drops libel suits against BuzzFeed, Fusion GPS – POLITICO
- Sanctions Flap Erupts Into Open Conflict Between Haley and White House – The New York Times
- Haley sets a red line for Trump – POLITICO
Image Credits: Ted Cruz