(Recorded October 29, 2016) This week: (1) the news round-up; (2) more elections; and (3) an NBA preview.
This Week’s Links:
Given this week’s show, we thought you might find these interesting.
- Republicans at war over Supreme Court – POLITICO
- Justice Thomas: ‘We’re destroying our institutions’
- The Corrosive Election and the New Abnormal
- Ted Cruz Suggests Senate Republicans May Leave Supreme Court Spot Vacant
- Ted Cruz is right: Senate Republicans could block Clinton Supreme Court nominees indefinitely
- Sen. McCain Says Republicans Will Block All Court Nominations If Clinton Wins
- Porngate: Inside the XXX Emails that Exposed Pennsylvania’s Polluted Politics
- Porn scandal: Pennsylvania Attorney General Kathleen Kane keeps releasing raunchy emails
- Pa. Supreme Court justice charged in email scandal
- Scandal’s Web Trips Pennsylvania Attorney General Kathleen Kane
- Hacked memo offers an angry glimpse inside ‘Bill Clinton Inc.’
- Donations to Foundation Vexed Hillary Clinton’s Aides, Emails Show
- Background on Teneo and Foundation Activities
- A Close Race for Darrell Issa, the House Mini-Trump
- GOP Rep. Darrell Issa returns fire after President Obama rips his campaign mailer – LA Times
- Barack Obama’s Sweet Revenge Tour
- Election May Be a Turning Point for Legal Marijuana
- Here’s What the Latest Polls Suggest in the 9 States Voting on Marijuana
- Here’s the Latest Polling Info on the 9 States Voting on Cannabis
- 2016 may be a tipping point on marijuana legalization
- Arkansas court disqualifies one medical marijuana proposal
- Support for marijuana legalization continues to rise
- Massachusetts’s 4 ballot questions, ranked by spending
- Poll: Support Increases For Legalizing Marijuana In Mass.
- Analysis: Despite Polls Showing Support For Legal Pot In Mass., Some Caution
- Measure to repeal California’s death penalty qualifies for the November ballot – LA Times
- Most Americans don’t like the death penalty, right? Wrong.
- What happens if both death penalty measures are approved by voters on Nov. 8? – LA Times
- California’s dying death penalty
- ‘This American Life’ Delves Into Georgia’s Amendment 3
- In voters’ hands: Future of agency that judges GA judges
- Is effort to replace judicial watchdog needed or political payback?
- Big judges quake in face of little agency
- Bill Torpy at Large: When politicians judge those who judge the judges
Image Credits: Hillary Clinton.