(Recorded Apr. 26, 2014) This Week: (1) A big week for race in America – we discuss Cliven Bundy and the Supreme Court’s decision on affirmative action; (2) Capital, Power and the American Oligarchy; (3) Immigration Reform – will the Republicans get on board?
This Week’s Links:
Given this week’s show, we thought you might find these interesting.
Book Club Discussion (Podcast airing the week of Memorial Day)
Share your thoughts with us on social media or on our contact page.
- Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood, and the Prison of Belief by Lawrence Wright.
- Court Backs Michigan on Affirmative Action
- Should Courts Stay out of the Race Business?
- Another Bad Day for Affirmative Action
- Affirmative Action Ruling Takeaways
- Mr. Bundy’s Remarks on “The Negro”
- Mr. Bundy Enjoying the Press He Received
- Harry Reid is Not Impressed
- Gives New Meaning to “women and children first”
- Take a Tour of the Bundy Ranch
- Why Nevada Abolished Slavery Twice
Capital, Power & American Oligarchy
- Order a Copy of this Unexpected Best-seller
- Capital in the 21st Century Reviewed
- Short Guide to Capital in the 21st Century
- Is America an Oligarchy?
- Testing Theories of American Politics: Elites, Interest Groups, and Average Citizens
- If Obama Moves on His Own
- Boehner Hell-bent on Immigration Reform
- Hillary Clinton on Immigration Reform
- Will Party Paranoia Destroy Chances of Reform?
- Immigration Activist Feel Betrayed by Obama
- AFL-CIO on Immigration Reform