(Recorded Apr. 5, 2014) This Week: (1) We discuss Healthcare.gov’s last minute rally – will the Democrats start running on Obamacare instead of away from it?; (2) Voter suppression by any other name – Are GOP election reforms targeted at black people or Democrats?; (3) Paul Ryan’s budget proposal – the boys take us through the most interesting pieces.
This Week’s Links:
Given this week’s show, we thought you might find these interesting.
Healthcare.gov surpasses 7 million signups
- The train that did not wreck
- Current polls on Obamacare
- Coverage of the Rose Garden Press Conference
- LBJ’s We Shall Overcome Speech
- GOP election reforms – Surviving as the “White Party”?
- Rationalization of Voter Suppression
- An example of a “literacy” test
Paul Ryan Budget Proposal
- Run down of the Ryan Budget
- A second recap of the Ryan Budget
- CPB Cuts
- Sarah Palin Slams the Ryan Budget
- How ideological budgets make real reform harder