(Recorded Mar. 30, 2014) This Week: (1) The NLRB says Northwestern athletes can unionize – will this do anything to dispel the myth of the scholar-athlete?; (2) Is Sebelius v. Hobby Lobby the stupidest case ever?; (3) U.S. Politics – We discuss Nate Silver’s predictions and the boys make a few predictions of there own. Plus, Josh explains the force of nature that is Steve Stockman.
This Week’s Links:
Given this week’s show, we thought you might find these interesting.
Sebelius v. Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc.
- A transcript of the oral arguments before the Supreme Court of the United States
- Audio of the oral arguments before the Supreme Court of the United States
- SCOTUSblog’s coverage of the case
- College Athletes Aim to Put Price on ‘Priceless’
- How Unions Can Save College Sports
- Northwestern Players Get Union Vote
- Hurdles Remain for Players, Schools
This Week in Politics
- The FiveThirtyEight Forecast
- Another Senate Race Forecast
- Why Bruce Braley’s ‘farmer from Iowa’ remark hit a nerve back home
- Mark Udall Comes Out Swinging
- Steve Stockman’s Wikipedia Page
- Need an Obama Barf Bag?
- How bad was that campaign office?
- What has Mr. Stockman been saying?