(Recorded April 09, 2016) This week, two news round-ups: (1) politics; and (2) business.
This Week’s Links:
Given this week’s show, we thought you might find these interesting.
- Why Young People Are Right About Hillary Clinton
- The Essential Questions for New York Democrats
- Yep, Wisconsin’s Voter ID Law Is All About Suppressing the Vote
- Wisconsin’s Voter ID Law Caused Major Problems at the Polls Last Night
- Supreme Court Rejects Challenge on ‘One Person One Vote’
- Opinion analysis: Leaving a constitutional ideal still undefined : SCOTUSblog
- Obama Revisits Law School to Give a Supreme Court Lecture
- Five Ways the Republican Race Could End – The Atlantic
- Ted Cruz, Not Paul Ryan, Would Probably Win A Contested Convention | FiveThirtyEight
- Paul Ryan Is Running for President
- Paul Ryan’s Definitely-Not-Presidential Middle East Trip | Foreign Policy
- Cruz Outmaneuvering Trump in Hand-to-Hand Delegate Fight | RealClearPolitics
- Giuliani: I’m voting for Trump – POLITICO
- Cruz Visit To Bronx High School Canceled After Students Threaten Walkout
- TRANSCRIPT: Bernie Sanders meets with News Editorial Board – NY Daily News
- How Much Does Bernie Sanders Know About Policy? – The Atlantic
- Quiz of the Day: Match the Questions With Bernie’s Answers
- Why Bernie Sanders Says Hillary Clinton Isn’t ‘Qualified’ to Be President – The Atlantic
- Is the media biased against Bernie Sanders?
- Bernie Voters Not Very Interested in Non-Bernie Democrats
- A torrential leak | The Economist
- Giant Leak of Offshore Financial Records Exposes Global Array of Crime and Corruption · ICIJ
- Panama Papers | The Power Players
- Why Are Americans Not Included in the Panama Papers?
- Panama Papers Continue to Shake Leaders, Including Cameron and Putin
- The Chinese Media Blackout of the Panama Papers – The Atlantic
- U.S. Plans to Require Banks to Identify Owners of Shell Companies
- Panama Papers Scandal: Why This Is Legal – The Atlantic
- The Pfizer-Allergan merger is a huge tax dodge. Bernie Sanders wants President Obama to block it.
- Pfizer and Allergan Are Said to End Merger as Tax Rules Tighten
- It’s Off: The End of Pfizer’s $160 Billion Allergan Merger – The Atlantic
- The End of Halliburton’s Merger With Baker Hughes – The Atlantic
- Obama administration takes aim at corporate mergers, inversions
- 70 Tries After Seattle Raised Its Minimum Wage, I Still Can’t Find A Job
- California, N.Y. Minimum Wage Hikes a Win for Populist Movement
- $15-an-Hour Minimum Wage in California? Plan Has Some Worried
- California just passed a $15 minimum wage. Even left-leaning economists say it’s a gamble.
- How the $15 Minimum Wage Went From Laughable to Viable
Image Credits: Ted Cruz