(Recorded March 12, 2016) This week: (1) the race for the White House; (2) a foreign affairs news round-up (Brexit, Turkey’s President, Obama & Netanyahu, Iranian elections, ISIS & chemical weapons); and (3) Boris and Adrian discuss the improving US economy.
This Week’s Links:
Given this week’s show, we thought you might find these interesting.
Race for the White House
- Rubio in the red zone – POLITICO
- The Failure of the Overrated Rubio Campaign | The American Conservative
- Marco Rubio Never Had A Base | FiveThirtyEight
- Marco Rubio Needs to Drop Out Now
- Bernie Sanders’ Win in Michigan Probably Won’t Change the Race
- In Michigan, Bernie Sanders Exposed Hillary Clinton’s Weaknesses : NPR
- Donald Trump spent election night pitching Trump products that you can’t buy anymore
- A Look Inside Four ‘Stop Trump’ Efforts Against the GOP Front-Runner – ABC News
Foreign Affairs News Round-up
- Behind the Islamic State’s Chemical-Warfare Ambitions – The Atlantic
- The real danger of Brexit | The Economist
- The Fight Over Britain’s Membership in the European Union – The Atlantic
- The Brexit delusion | The Economist
- Why Britain won’t vote to leave the EU | Business | The Guardian
- Michael Gove: Why I’m backing Brexit
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu Cancels White House Visit – The Atlantic
- Iran’s election and economic reforms in the post-nuclear era
- Iranian Elections Point to Victory for Moderates – The Atlantic
- Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s Despotic Zeal
- Turkey’s Erdogan Says ‘A Woman Is Above All a Mother’
The US Economy
- Jobs Report Shows Brisk U.S. Hiring in February
- What Costco’s New Wages Say About the Health of the American Economy – The Atlantic
- 3 reasons Warren Buffett is optimistic about the U.S. economy
- To the Shareholders of Berkshire Hathaway Inc.
- Americans Aren’t Anxious About the Economy. So What Are They Anxious About?