(Recorded January 09, 2016) This Week: (1) An extended Round-Up; (2) President Obama’s executive actions on gun control; and (3) the deepening conflict between Saudi Arabia and Iran.
FYI, we’ll be having a book club episode in the new year on The Prize: Who’s in Charge of America’s Schools? by Dale Russakoff. Our discussion will air on January 26, 2016. If you’d like to hear us talk about anything in particular, use the contact link to get us your suggestions or questions by January 21st.
This Week’s Links:
Given this week’s show, we thought you might find these interesting.
Round – Up
- The Dumb and the Restless
- WH Spox: It’d Be ‘Ironic’ If Canadian-Born Cruz Chosen As GOP Nominee
- Donald Trump’s brilliant Ted Cruz birther strategy – The Washington Post
- The Quixotic Adventures of Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore – The Atlantic
- Ann Coulter Now Suggests Ted Cruz Isn’t A ‘Natural Born Citizen’
- The Quixotic Adventures of Roy Moore
- Flint water protesters: Snyder should resign, face charges
- Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder Mum on What He Knew About Flint Water – NBC News
- Flint crisis response delayed for months
- LePage: I Never Said ‘Black’ Drug Dealers Knock Up Maine’s White Girls!
- Governor Paul LePage Says Heroin Dealers Come to Maine, ‘Impregnate a Young, White Girl Before They Leave’ – The Atlantic
- Ammon Bundy: ‘There is a time to go home’ – CNN.com
- The Oregon Standoff, Black Lives Matter, and Criminal-Justice Reform – The Atlantic
- Ted Cruz Knows What His Followers Want
- Tearful Obama Outlines Steps to Curb Gun Deaths
- The Overheated Reaction to President Obama’s Modest Gun Actions – The Atlantic
- President Obama’s boldest action on guns yet, explained
- Barack Obama: Guns Are Our Shared Responsibility
- The Obama CNN guns town hall: A shining moment of civility, followed immediately by rancor
- Obama, critics connect at CNN’s town hall on guns – CNNPolitics.com
Saudi Arabia vs. Iran
- This Map Explains the Saudi-Iran Proxy War | Foreign Policy
- Saudi Arabia: A Dangerous Ally? – Room for Debate – NYTimes.com
- Iraq Offers to Mediate Dispute Between Saudi Arabia and Iran
- Why Should We Want to “Keep” the Saudis? | The American Conservative
- Iran-Saudi row threatens flailing effort to halt Syrian war
Image Credits: Guns.