(Recorded December 19, 2015) This Week: (1) The weekly roundup including Trumpwatch; (2) The Paris climate agreement; and (3) a discussion of hung jury in the manslaughter case against Officer William Porter for the death of Freddie Gray in Baltimore.
FYI, we’ll be having a book club episode in the new year on The Prize: Who’s in Charge of America’s Schools? by Dale Russakoff. Our discussion will air on January 26, 2016. If you’d like to hear us talk about anything in particular, use the contact link to get us your suggestions or questions by January 21st.
This Week’s Links:
Given this week’s show, we thought you might find these interesting.
- Foreign Policy and the Fifth Republican Debate
- At Republican Debate, Straying Into Mideast, and Getting Lost
- CNN Shares Responsibility for the Fear-Mania of the GOP Debate
- Ted Cruz, Two; Marco Rubio, One—Scoring Their First Debate
- The Fifth Republican Debate Ended In A Nine-Way Draw
- Is Cruz In Trouble for Leaking Classified Info?
- What’s Inside Congress’s Huge New Spending Bill?
- The big new budget deal, explained
- Budget Deal Bill Boosts Oil Exports, Renewable Energy
- Budget Deal Raises Spending and the Deficit Through Tax Breaks
- Conservatives give Ryan a pass on budget deal they despise
- The lament of the bank lobbyists
- Trump: Putin’s compliments are a ‘great honor’
- Vladimir Putin Wakes Up, Endorses Trump, Says Sepp Blatter Deserves Nobel Peace Prize, Goes Back to Bed
- Why Did Sheldon Adelson Buy Nevada’s Largest Newspaper?
- Ending Mystery, Adelson Family Says It Bought The ‘Las Vegas Review-Journal’
- Buffett Endorses Clinton, Likens Republican Debate to Vaudeville
- Bernie Sanders Just Got Two of His Biggest Endorsements Yet
- Cruz picks up top evangelical endorsement
- Is Hope Possible After the Paris Agreement?
- A Reader’s Guide to the Paris Agreement
- A Skeptical Note on the Paris Climate Deal
- Falling Short on Climate in Paris
- The Paris Climate Deal Is President Obama’s Biggest Accomplishment
- Paris Climate Accord Is a Big, Big Deal
- Obama: Chessmaster, not Pawn
- The GOP candidates are ignoring the Paris climate deal. That’s a good thing.
- Silence on the Climate Pact From the Republican Candidates
- A Freddie Gray Mistrial
- Lessons From the Mistrial in the Freddie Gray Case
- Baltimore Trial Leaves Unanswered Question: What Happened to Freddie Gray?