(Recorded December 05, 2015) This Week: (1) the news round-up; (2) Laquan McDonald and Chicago Policing; and (3) Cruz & Rubio.
FYI, we’ll be having a book club episode in the new year on The Prize: Who’s in Charge of America’s Schools? by Dale Russakoff. Our discussion will air on January 26, 2016. If you’d like to hear us talk about anything in particular, use the contact link to get us your suggestions or questions by January 21st.
This Week’s Links:
Given this week’s show, we thought you might find these interesting.
- Sheldon Silver’s Legacy
- Shelly Silver’s Dance Partners
- Sheldon Silver’s Albany, Guilty on All Counts
- Trump Proposes $5 Million Ransom for Showing Up at CNN Debate
- Texas sues over Syrian refugees
- Kobe Bryant Is Utterly Shameless And I Love Him
- Michael Jordan’s Ghost Is Retiring, At Fucking Last
Chicago Police/Rahm Emmanuel
- Rahm Emanuel Says He Won’t Resign Over Police Shooting and Video
- Rahm Emanuel Reportedly Threatened Chicago’s Black Leaders Over Protests
- The Next Fight for Racial Justice: Police Union Reform
- Before Laquan McDonald, a Chicago Police Shooting with No Video
- The Chicago Police Scandal
- The Corrupt System That Killed Laquan McDonald
Cruz & Rubio
- Ted Cruz’s Clever, Tricky Triangulation
- Ted Cruz Has Marco Rubio’s Number
- Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio Punish Each Other for the Best Things They’ve Done
- Ted Cruz vs. Marco Rubio is on. Why this matchup is important.
- Millions at stake, the ‘Adelson primary’ is neck and neck