(Recorded May 23, 2015) This week, (1) our political round-up; (2) the origins of ISIS; (3) the minimum wage; and (4) the Waco shootings.
This Week’s Links:
Given this week’s show, we thought you might find these interesting.
Hello, Twitter! It’s Barack. Really! Six years in, they’re finally giving me my own account.
— President Obama (@POTUS) May 18, 2015
- Ireland becomes first country to approve same-sex marriage by popular vote
- Obama’s Twitter Debut, @POTUS, Attracts Hate-Filled Posts
- Boy Scouts’ President Calls for End to Ban on Gay Leaders
- Fox News Seeks to Limit First Presidential Debate to 10 Republicans
- The Terror Strategist: Secret Files Reveal the Structure of Islamic State
- The Middle East Interview: President Obama on ISIS, Iran, and Israel – The Atlantic
- Fast-Food Workers Photograph What Life Is Like When You Make Less Than $15 an Hour
- Ending the Minimum-Wage Subsidy – Bloomberg View
- Fast Food, Poverty Wages
- What you need to know about Los Angeles’ $15 minimum wage – LA Times
- Los Angeles Pummels the Poor : Anything Peaceful : Foundation for Economic Education
- Better Than Raising the Minimum Wage
- Minimum-wage workers need 2 roommates to afford a San Francisco apartment – MarketWatch
- Wonder At Yet Another Robert Reich Mistake On The Minimum Wage – Forbes
White Waco gang members that justkilled 9 people v. a Black man walking home in Ferguson. Oh, America.: pic.twitter.com/Zy4Csi4uWK
— BrownBlaze (@brownblaze) May 17, 2015
- Here’s What People Are Saying About The Waco Shootout And Race : Code Switch : NPR
- On #WacoThugs, Biker Gangs, and White-on-White Crime
- Rushing to call the Waco biker gang members “thugs” is not what we mean by racial equality – Quartz
- Reporting on Waco biker gang killings reveals disparities in news coverage – Salon.com
- Of Bikers and Thugs
- 9 Dead In Waco Biker Fight; Armed Society Not Quite So Polite | Wonkette
- White bikers, black thugs: Why Texas looked to relax gun laws after biker shootout – The Washington Post
- What role does race play in reactions to biker gunfight?
- Oath Keepers Say They’ll Stand Down At Oregon Mine Because BLM Backed Off